All Psi Chi chapters are eligible to apply for the award
except those that have won the award in the past
three years. The criteria for selecting the winners are:
• effective chapter activities for the past three
years, including offering quality programming,
voting in Society elections, showing an increase in
membership, submitting Annual/Financial reports,
and submitting activity reports to Eye on Psi Chi;
• chapter involvement in Psi Chi activities and
• adherence to Society policies;
• a clear plan on how the $3,500 award money
would be used; and
• an essay providing useful, creative information on
how to be a successful Psi Chi chapter.
STYLE / STANDARDS
1. Papers must be an electronic document written in English conforming strictly to the instructions in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
2. The text of the application should not exceed 15 pages in 12-point font (double-spaced). The paper should include references and any necessary tables, figures, or notes.
3. The application’s clarity, grammar, syntax, and spelling will be considered.