To support local and regional undergraduate psychology research conferences. Consideration will be given to conferences that do not focus on research but advance other goals of Psi Chi.
The conference should have:
• undergraduate student presenters,
• at least three schools in attendance, and
• a sponsoring institution with a Psi Chi chapter.
Preference is given to:
• newly developed conferences,
• geographic areas without other conferences, and
• those who have not previously won a Psi Chi grant.
The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
Subends for accomplishing above mission:
1. Advance the science and profession of psychology
2. Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission
3. Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders
4. Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission
5. Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology