All active Psi Chi chapters are eligible within their region except those that have won the Cousins Award or a Regional Chapter Award in the past three years. The criteria for selecting the winners are:
• effective chapter activities for the past three years, including offering quality programming, voting in Society elections, showing an increase in membership, and submitting reports to Eye on Psi Chi;
• chapter involvement in Psi Chi activities and awards/grants program;
• adherence to Society policies;
• strict adherence to the application procedures; and
• creative and effective presentation of application materials.
STYLE / STANDARDS
1. Papers must be an electronic document written in English conforming strictly to the instructions in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
2. The text of the application should not exceed 15 pages in 12-point font (double-spaced).
3. The application’s clarity, grammar, syntax, and spelling will be considered.
1. Current student officers should prepare the application and submit it online at www.psichi.org under the AWARDS/GRANTS section. The link for submissions is available at least one month prior to the submission deadline.
2. Submissions are accepted online until midnight local time on December 1. Late applications will not be accepted.
3. The application should include the information listed below:
• general information;
• cover letter prepared by chapter advisor and/or chair of department certifying information as correct;
• one- or two-page statement of why the chapter deserves to receive the award and how it would be used;
• description of the chapter’s membership application and induction procedures; and
• narrative, descriptive account of the chapter’s activities for up to the past three years (e.g., on-campus programs, membership practices, service activities, participation in regional or Society Psi Chi programs and activities, etc.).