Become a Model Chapter this year!
1. Update your chapter address and leadership records annually with the Central Office. All changes in faculty advisors, officers, and chapter location should be recorded.
2. Review the chapter handbook and risk management policy annually.
3. Submit at least one chapter activity report to Psi Chi per year.
4. Identify and invite eligible students to Psi Chi.
5. Process members twice a year (during two terms or semesters) so inductees can receive the maximum benefit of membership in Psi Chi before graduating. Two formal induction ceremonies are not required. The advisor can facilitate early inductions by identifying second semester sophomores and first semester juniors who qualify for membership.
6. Vote in Society elections.
7. Participate in community service projects at least once a year with involvement by active members. This can include participation in an existing service project, creation of a new project, or hosting a project with other organizations.
8. Serve members by hosting at least one special topic workshop during the year (e.g., GRE help session, guest speaker).
9. Inform members of chapter activities by communicating relevant information through officers and/or faculty advisor(s). Officers and faculty advisors have the ability to email members through the Psi Chi website.
10. Officers meet regularly to discuss Psi Chi business and planning. Meetings can be held in a variety of formats.
11. Support and assist your faculty advisor(s).
12. Guide your officers as they grow in leadership through the faculty advisor/officer relationship.
13. Demonstrate teamwork as you work as a chapter to accomplish goals.
Winning chapters will need to fill out a new form W-9 and submit a short paragraph describing how receiving Model Chapter status impacts their chapter.