To recognize and award one chapter per region annually as an outstanding role model for others.
The winning chapters will receive $500 and an engraved plaque to display in the chapter’s department as a permanent honor.
All active Psi Chi chapters are eligible within their region except those that have won the Cousins Award or a Regional Chapter Award in the past three years. The criteria for selecting the winners are:
• effective chapter activities for the past three years, including offering quality programming, voting in Society elections, showing an increase in membership, and submitting reports to Eye on Psi Chi;
• chapter involvement in Psi Chi activities and awards/grants program;
• chapter must have earned a Model Chapter Award at least once within the last three years as evidence of its health and vitality.
• adherence to Society policies
• creative and effective presentation of application materials.
STYLE / STANDARDS
1. Papers must be an electronic document written in English.
2. The text of the application should not exceed 15 pages in 12-point font (double-spaced). The paper should include references and any necessary tables, figures, or notes.
3. The application’s clarity, grammar, syntax, and spelling will be considered.
1. Psi Chi faculty advisers and their faculty colleagues, department chair, or chapter members may submit an application. The link for submissions is available at least one month prior to the submission deadline.
2. The application should include the information listed below:
• general contact information;
• one- or two-page statement of why the chapter should receive the award and how it would be used;
• description of the chapter’s membership application and induction procedures;
• narrative, descriptive account of the chapter’s activities for up to the past three years (e.g., on-campus programs, membership practices, service activities, participation in regional or Society Psi Chi programs and activities, etc.)and;
• a letter prepared by the chapter advisor and/or chair of the department certifying the provided information is correct;
3. Submissions are accepted online until 11:30 HST of the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.