1. Eligibility is confined to paper/posters of which the senior author is a Psi Chi member. The student must be registered as a Psi Chi member at the time of submission of the poster in order to be eligible for the award.
2. ONLY empirically based papers/posters are accepted.
3. The awards will only be for papers/posters presented at Psi Chi program sessions. The presenter must be present at the convention to receive the award. The awards will be presented by the Psi Chi regional vice-presidents at the regional conventions.
4. Awards are for papers/posters rather than individual authors; money will go to the first author for distribution, with any faculty members being precluded from the monetary distribution.
5. Ties are possible, with the money being split between the first authors of the tied papers.
6. A paper may receive a regional award or a society award. The same paper may not receive both a regional and a society award.
7. Both graduate and undergraduate members are eligible for the awards.
8. Psi Chi student members may submit their research to any region however, the requirements must be followed carefully because regions may vary from one another.
The regional awards will be administered by the regional vice-presidents; the society awards will be administered by their respective society program coordinators.