To recognize the best overall research
paper. This program is open to all undergraduate Psi Chi members.
Cash awards will be presented to the winners as follows:
Grand Prize $1,250 | 1st place $1,000 | 2nd place $750 | 3rd place $500 | 2 available Honorable Mentions $250 each
All winners and faculty sponsors will receive a certificate of recognition. In addition, the abstracts, photos, and brief biographies of the top four winners will be published by Psi Chi.
All Psi Chi undergraduate members are eligible to submit their research for the J.P. Guilford Undergraduate Research Awards. Each first author must:
• be an undergraduate
• be a Psi Chi member
• is only allowed one submission
STYLE / STANDARDS
1. Papers must be currently unpublished
2. Written in English conforming to APA style.
3. The text of the paper is limited to 12 pages in 12-point font (double-spaced). In addition to the 12 pages of text, the paper should include a title page, an abstract (up to 120 words), references, and any necessary tables, figures, or notes.
4. Poor spelling and grammar will be penalized.
5. All papers must be masked. Type your Psi Chi member ID number in place of your name on the title page. Make every attempt to conceal the identity of the school, faculty advisor, and applicant within the paper by typing an X in place of the name.
The automatically assigned application ID number will serve as a unique identifier for each submission.